Geisinger Health System Physician - Outpatient General Internal Medicine in Danville, Pennsylvania
Geisinger is seeking BC/BE Internal Medicine trained physicians, with an interest in teaching, for an outpatient opportunity at Geisinger Medical Center (GMC) located in Danville, PA.
Outpatient internal medicine is a marathon and Geisinger has been breaking records for some time. Known for our innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models, Geisinger offers internal medicine physicians an excellent working environment with numerous resources at their fingertips.
With Geisinger you can take advantage of:
• A manageable patient panel & patient schedule
• All patients over 65 receive 40-minute appointments, allowing providers quality time to care for senior patients
• Additional support from our embedded pharmacists, case managers, nurse navigators, behavioral health specialists and social workers
• Resources that assist physicians with routine tasks & mandated regulations, allowing you to focus on patients
• Ongoing enhancements to our fully-integrated Electronic Health Record (EHR - EPIC)
• Advanced, nationally recognized, patient-centered medical home model
• An emphasis on patient experience and quality of care
Geisinger providers receive a comprehensive compensation and benefit package, including malpractice coverage with tail, paid relocation, generous CME time and allowance, and much more. In addition to a competitive salary, providers enjoy ample paid time off to allow for a rewarding work/life balance. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
Geisinger Medical Center (GMC), located in Danville, Pa., the largest tertiary/quaternary care teaching hospital in the region, is licensed for 475 beds, including 89 pediatric beds in the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital. GMC, a Magnet Hospital, maintains the region’s only Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center. GMC offers an array of highly specialized medical and surgical services, including neurosciences, cardiovascular services, transplantation, women’s health (in the Women’s Pavilion), oncology and orthopaedics amongst others.
For more information, please contact: Deanna Reed, Talent Management at email@example.com or 570-271-7202
* Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. * We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.